Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Tally Error Memory Access Violation

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE LOVERS OF FREEDOM DREAMS

Today marks thirty years since the lives of millions of English could give an unexpected and terrible. On February 23, 1981, our recent air of freedom were on the verge of returning to being kidnapped, who knows how many decades this time.



I was very young and had less than a month that had just given birth to Mario, my first child.

I had to go outside to do some business and while the boy was left in the care of his grandmother. Shortly after I got home and my mother looked at me with frightened eyes.


- What's Mom, I asked concerned.


With a gesture he pointed to the TV screen. I hesitated a moment, because I seemed to be dreaming, but then I understood and I was livid at the news:

At 18.22 hours, during the inaugural session of the candidate to the Presidency UCD Government, Leopoldo Calvo Sotelo, the Congress of Deputies had been assaulted by a large group of policemen, in front of them was Lt. Col. Antonio Tejero. That is, a few minutes ago had just begun Operation Duque de Ahumada "designed to derail again to democracy in Spain.

What happened after you I will not repeat, because everyone s know every detail (or at least have told us) about the central role played by some of the politicians present, and the subsequent military revolt in Valencia and other implications for the coup attempt state, which had not been aborted, would have been a total vacuum of power, on which the intended coup create a new military-style dictatorship.

But if I make a point to pay tribute to the late Pedro Francisco Martín, English television operator, whose name certainly hardly anyone remembers, and it was he who, at the risk of his life, he recorded nearly half an hour of that time, giving the world an invaluable visual document on the attempted coup.



An officer threatened him with the famous phrase "Do not try to touch the camera I'll kill you. Unplug it ", instead of following orders, the red light goes professional camera, but the recording of events continued. The images were received on the premises of RTVE, where they were Iñaki Gabilondo (director of English TV news editors and two more, and went on a tape recording that the arrival of the military was hidden under the director's chair Fernando Castedo general.

Peter F. From this fact Martin received a special mention, posthumously, the Academy of Television, in 2008.

Thanks Peter, because, for your courage, events not only were we counted, but we live them in their harsh reality. And there are images, undaunted, leaving historical evidence for many generations so that every time we see them, we must always remember what defend.

not want to end this entry without speak of the tears that crossed my face as she hugged my baby. Not again please! My son had to taste the freedom. He was born in democracy and it should live. My child had tongue and vocal cords, and when he grew his voice should be heard. And he had little hands and learn to write some day and I demanded for him his right to information and opinion ...

That bitterness ran through my mind and my body!

That night, known as "The Night of the transistors" were many who could not stop listening to the news that continuously Cadena SER was retransmitted.


were harsh and terrible hours, waiting to see what was going to happen in the destination.




Paco Ibanez in the Olympia in Paris, "I still have the word" (1961)



IN THE BEGINNING

If I lost my life, time, everything

what I threw, like a ring, water,
if I lost my voice in the bushes, I still have words
.
If I have suffered thirst, hunger, all that was mine
and proved nothing,
if I mowed the shadows in silence, I still have words
.
If I opened my eyes to see the pure and terrible
face of my country,
if I opened my lips to desgarrármelos,
me is the word.
(Blas de Otero)


So today I want to launch from this humble page my congratulations to all democrats in this country, because despite the serious crisis of unemployment and other social and economic difficulties we are experiencing, at least, as he said in his poem the great poet Blas de Otero, we have the word. Without freedom of expression can not live and if the 23-F would have been effective, probably today would not be writing this blog. There are many things that I think have changed in my life and that of many people. A cataclysm irreparable!


A big kiss and lots of encouragement for those who follow fighting for democracy in your countries. And you know Not one step back!


always with you,

Alicia.



Image Internet


0 comments:

Post a Comment